The Top 14 Most Used Passwords of 2015.
1. Never use the same password for multiple logins. If one password is identified, you could lose a lot more than that one account.
2. Always have a mixture of lowercase and uppercase characters.
3. If allowed always use a special character like a !,@#% ect.
4. Make you passwords a minimum of 10 characters long
5. Don't share your password with anyone.
6. Don't make password reset options easy to guess.
You can check password strength here.
Example how much difference these tips can make.
Password: ballcomp - 52 Seconds
Password: ballancomputers - 13,000 years.
Password: BallanComputers - 435 million years
Password: BallanComputers! - A trillion years
Password: (BallanComputer5!) - 71 quadrillion years
Password: (!Ballan@Computer5!#) - 3 sextillion years
Of course there are other factors to this such as social engineering which we'll discuss in another post.
Ok, Here they are, the Top 14.
If you use any of these, (particularly online) you should change it.
|1. 123456||2. password|
|3. 12345678||4. qwerty|
|5. 12345||6. 123456789|
|7. football||8. 1234|
|9. 1234567||10. baseball|
|11. welcome||12. 1234567890|
|13. abc123||14. 111111|