How to setup the NBN (FTTP)
The Following is for premises with Fibre to the Premesis, (Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh). Ballan has fibe to the Node, Setup will be different.
If you are in one of the NBN areas with fibre to the premesis there are a few things you need to know.
1. If you plan on keeping an active phone line, you MUST switch to the NBN
2. If you are currently using ADSL you will NEED to change your providing option to either NBN or Wireless.
3. Ensure your telephone provider is aware of requirements such as Medical Alarms, Security Alarms or Eftpos.
4. You can request the internal box placement so long as there is sufficient, power, air flow, lack of moisture & space.
5. You may request a battery backup for your NBN box
6. You can ask for installation if you're not sure on how to connect.
7. There are various speed to choose from. 12/1 , 25/5 , 50/20 & 100/40. Most homes wont need more than 25/5.
8. Most businesses will choose speed of 25/5 or higher.
Below is an image showing how the NBN connects to your home or business. Bottom of Form
If you have any further questions or would like to go through your NBN options in more detail, please let us know.
Ballan will only have access to the 12/1 and 25/5 plans.